11. Be tolerant of other boat users. Some members are new to the hobby and find it difficult to steer and handle a boat. This is particularly true of sailing boats. Remember we all had to learn!
The Selsey Model Boat Club has a duty to protect the public and protect club members so the following rules are felt necessary to achieve our aim.
1. The pond is available for 7 days a week but members are requested that they do not attend the pond by themselves, therefore the rule is that two club members should be at the pond side whenever a club member sails a boat. All children have to be accompanied by an adult.
2. Boats with internal combustion engines are not allowed on the pond
3. Fast Electric boats and Steam powered boats are not allowed on the pond.
4. Club members are covered by insurance, therefore if your membership is not up to date you are not covered by our insurance.
5. Take your litter home.
6. Before turning on your transmitter make sure you will not be on the same channel as another boat, ask if you are not sure what channel others are on. Note this does not apply to 2.4Ghz systems which do not cause interference.
7. No one has a right to any frequency, if you and another member have the same frequency discuss the possibility of one or other of you changing frequencies. If this is not possible then come to an arrangement about the amount of time each of you will sail, allowing both members to have time on the pond.
8. Be tolerant to other people walking around the pond side. They have as much right to be there as you.
9. Do not chase pond life with a power boat. Be particularly vigilant when the pond has young birds swimming about.
10. Do not wade into the pond to rescue a boat. The bed of the pond can be very sticky and there is a strong possibility of becoming stuck in the mud.
Model boats should only operate on 27 and 40 MHz and 2.4 Ghz. Operating on 35 MHz is strictly forbidden as this channel is used by model aircraft.