The Selsey Model Boat Club has a duty to protect the public and protect club members
so the following rules are felt necessary to achieve our aim.
1. The pond is available for 7 days a week but members are requested that they do not
attend the pond by themselves, therefore the rule is that two club members should be at
the pond side whenever a club member sails a boat. All children have to be accompanied
by an adult.
2. Boats with internal combustion engines are not allowed on the pond
3. Steam powered boats are not allowed on the pond.
4. Club members are covered by insurance, therefore if your membership is not up to
date you are not covered by our insurance.
5. Take your litter home.
6. Before turning on your transmitter make sure you have selected your frequency peg
from the board. If the board is not on site ask other members what frequency they
are operating on to make sure you do not interfere with another boat.
7. No one has a right to any frequency, if you and another member have the same
frequency discuss the possibility of one or other of you changing frequencies.
If this is not possible then come to an arrangement about the amount of time
each of you will sail, allowing both members to have time on the pond.
8. Be tolerant to other people walking around the pond side. They have as much right
to be there as you.
9. Do not chase pond life with a power boat. Be particularly vigilant when the pond
has young ducks and the like swimming about.
10. Do not wade into the pond to rescue a boat. The bed of the pond can be very
sticky and there is a strong possibility of becoming stuck in the mud.
11. Be tolerant of other boat users. Some members are new to the hobby and find it
difficult to steer and handle a boat. This is particularly true of sailing boats.
Remember we all had to learn!
Model boats should only operate on 27 and 40 MHz and 2.4 Ghz. Operating on 35 MHz
is strictly forbidden as this channel is used by model aircraft.